but never dared to ask… :-)
Until Kim came along. The picture I chose for Texture Tuesday of 29/05 with the theme “Warmth” goes nicely with it, so, enjoy!
- I’m an absolute chocolate addict. I even keep a t-shirt with “chocolate lover” on it that doesn’t fit me anymore (no idea how that happened…)
- Another of my vices is that I’m a shopaholic and my husband knows it. He’s too good to be true as he even points out nice things to me. Maybe he’s a secret shopaholic too, but reflects it on me…
- I’m a perfectionist in such a way that it tends to slow me down, except for eating chocolate and shopping.
- I’m a rather good cook when I put my mind to it, which I rarely do as I hate the process.
- I have very bad eye-sight. Left I’m legally blind (I’m legally blond too), need an operation for which I’m terrified.
- I’m afraid of thunder and even more of lightning – I inherrited this from my mom I guess.
- Actually, I’m afraid of many things. On nr 1 of my “frightening” list is Flying. No planes anymore for me, thank you. If you want to get me on a plane, knock me out first (I should hang a label with that inscription around my neck…)
- I hope Kim won’t mind my copying this one: “My son can take me from zero to crazy in about 3 seconds – But I love him madly” (our son is 28 and still living at hotel Mama – he thinks it’s a 6* place, all inclusive…)
- I’m a book addict too, need to buy a book shell soon. There are books swarming all over the place now, mainly on photography, flowers, cooking (!! see pt.4)
- I’ve recently fallen madly in love with cups, but rarely use them. Not for drinking, not for photographing – strange! In my mind however there are hundreds of photographs with cups. Come to think of it, need to buy a cupboard too…..
- I’ve always liked to be quiet, reading somewhere, not too much people around me, away from the noise or maddening crowds. No real close friends either, but lately I think that having some would be nice.
- My age, 55, puts me in that strange transition period. I don’t mind the years, but I hate the stuff that comes with them, especially those terrible hot flushes!
- I talk to my dad most every day and when I’m down I ask him for help. There are always flowers next to his picture. My dad passed away when I was 19. I’m glad he has known my husband (still my first in 32 years) but sad that he didn’t know his grandson.
- I love my mom, who needs my help in many ways, and try to catch up for the time I lost when I was working way too long, too hard before the burn-out hit me.
- I adore my husband. I think heaven sent him down as some kind of angel who had a special training course, so he can put up with me!
Kim asked 10, but while writing and thinking I got carried away, it’s fun! When I first read the “mission” though, I thought: how am I going to find 10 things about me….
But now I’m off for a lovely piece of belgian chocolate….. mmmm……
Interested in the processing of the picture? (that’s a self b.t.w.) : KK’s Sunday texture at soft light, 18%. So very little, but without it, it lacked light and spirit. It had a warm 85 filter in PS at 44 % opacity added and a little gausian blur in overlay (7 px – 66 % opacity). I also added a touch of vignette blur.